Every year, the Children Art Contest is organised in 7 groups (Classes Preliminary to Senior Secondary). Till date 2000+ pupils have received Gold Award, Silver Award, Bronze Award, Commended Award and Appreciation Awards. Besides, Merit Certificates have been awarded to 3000+ participants and Certificates of Participation are issued to all the participants. A month-long exhibition of award-winning paintings is held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi every year.
This year we are glad to announce ‘My Favourite Indian Monument 2020’ as the theme for the 9th All India Children Art Contest. This is to depict our Faith, Belief, Love and Concern for Indian Monuments through Paintings, Drawings, Collages and Mix Media. (DO NOT write any TITLE or SLOGAN on the Paintings/art works)
Apart from this, keeping in mind the current time we are undergoing, you can also submit artwork on the theme ‘Covid-19 A Challenge’. Paintings, Drawings, Collages and Mix Media can be submitted. You may submit Poster with Title and Slogan in this category.
This is a one-of-its-kind opportunity to discover the hidden talent of the budding and upcoming generation through their sincere and creative thoughts about the nation. Our sole aim is to sensitize, motivate and educate young children through art towards the importance of our monuments and our duties for social responsibility.
- All India 1 Gold Award, 1 Silver Award, 1 Bronze Award and 5 Commended Awards on every 100 Paintings in each category.
- Exhibition of 250 selected artworks for 30 days at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- Certificate of Merit for more than 250 paintings
- Certificate of Participation for all Participants
- Awarded and Meritorious Paintings will be displayed on our website
Schedule of Competition
- 01 June – 31 July 2020: Online Ticket Available for Individual Participants
- 15 July – 15 August 2020 : Please send your entry between these dates only
- 05-06 September 2020: Review and Judging by a panel of expert jury.
- 12-13 September 2020: Results will be published on http://childrenartcontest.com and https://facebook.com/childrenartcontest
- October/November 2020: Exhibition of Awarded Paintings at Lobbies of India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
Request for Art Instructors/Teachers/Parents
- Before the students pick the Pencil / Brush, please Educate them and create awareness among them about the faith, belief, love and concern for India’s Monuments.
- Create Awareness about Covid-19: Government of India is taking all necessary steps to ensure that we are prepared well to face the challenge and threat posed by the pandemic of COVID 19 – the CoronaVirus. With active support of the people, we have been able to contain the spread of the virus in our country to a big extent. The most important factor in preventing the spread of the virus locally is to empower the citizens with the right information and taking precautions as per the advisories being issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare http://dcmsme.gov.in/Awareness_corona.htm
- Stick to the sizes mentioned to execute the artwork.
- Don’t outline the figures and objects in your artworks in order to make them appear more distinct.
Create your Drawing, Painting, Collage and Mixed Media artworks on the theme My Favourite Indian Monument or Covid-19 A Challenge.
Requirements of the Competition
- SIZE: The size of the artwork should be 8.5 x 11 inches (A4), 11 x 14 Inches (1/4 of Cartridge Sheet Imperial Size) or paper of any Standard Sketchbook.
- Medium: Drawing, Painting, Collage and Mix Media
- Children can use Pencil, Colour Pencil, Ink, Pastels Colours, Poster Colours, Water Colours, Acrylic Colours and Paper Cuttings to create Artworks only on Paper. (Do not Paste 3D material on artwork) Entries must be on good quality paper.
The competition is open for children of classes Preliminary to Senior Secondary.
- Group A – Preparatory Classes (Nurs., LKG, UKG)
- Group B – Grade / Class I & II
- Group C – Grade / Class III & IV
- Group D – Grade / Class V & VI
- Group E – Grade / Class VII & VIII
- Group F – Grade / Class IX & X
- Group G – Grade / Class XI & XII
Individual Participants Kindly follow these steps :
Participation Fee for Individual Participant is Rs. 400.00 + Processing Fee.
- Buy online Ticket at:https://www.townscript.com/e/my-favourite-indian-monument-covid19-a-challenge-013144 available from 1 June-31 till July 2020
- Download ‘Entry Form for Individuals’. Fill it and paste on the back side of the artwork.
- Submit to the given address.
School / Hobby Centres / Group Kindly follow these steps :
Participation Fee is Rs. 200/- per entry/Student. A consolidated E-Transfer (Please contact for Bank Details) or Cheque may be issued for all the participants from the same institution. Cheque to be made in favour of Shanker Art Foundation (Please do not send multiple cheques of Rs. 200/-)
- Download ‘Group Registration Form’. Fill it and send along with artworks. (Please provide Address where the courier services have access).
- Every entry must have the following information at the back of the artwork:
- Name of Participant
- Name or Rubber Stamp of the Institute
- Participation Fee Ref. No.
- Send entries along with Registration form and List of Students to the following address:
- It would be appreciated if names of the participating children (Upper Lower Case .doc or .xls file) would be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (It will help lessen errors)
Submission of Artworks
Interested Schools, Hobby Centres, Groups and individuals can submit their original artworks entries by Post/Courier/Personally to the address given. Deadline for submission is 15 August 2020.
Mr. Kishore Shanker
Shanker Art Foundation
H. No 430 (FF), Sector-9
Mob : 9910999689
For any further queries on 9th All India Children Art Contest- ‘My Favourite Indian Monument 2020′ and ‘Covid-19: A Challenge’ you may write email to email@example.com or call up Mr. Kishore Shanker on mobile 9910999689
All The Best !